The photograph has been shared because of the amiability of the Janza company.
Potato sausage is simple and very delisious dish at one time that comes from our beautiful region Suwalszczyzna.
It is also cheap to be prepared. After eating it you feel full and happy :).
What is more, potato sausage the same as kartacze can be served with the roux on the top. So let’s begin and please allow me to introduce you the recipe.
- About 1kg of the potatoes
- 1 egg
- 2 table spoons of the wheat flour
- 1 onion
- 200g of pork intestines (cleared and not damaged)
- Oil (to smear the baking sheet)
- Salt, pepper, marjoram (I personally prefer to add some caraway )
- 100g of bacon
- 1 onion
- Intestines should be turned inside out. Remove all bigger pieces of fat and clean it properly. Leave it soaked for about 10 hours if they were salted before.
- Grate the potatoes and onion and mix them together.
- You can also add some roux inside this mass, but it is totally up to you. It is preferable
- Add egg, fluor and seasonings.
- Now it is time to put the prepared stuffing inside the intestines. Remember not to put too much of it as it can be broke during baking. Tie the end of each intestine using a lace.
- Bake them in the hot oven for about 1-1.5 hour in the 180-190°C. Put some oil on the baking sheet as well.
- Some oil can be also spread on the top of the potato sausages to make them more crispy while baking.
- Serve with the roux.
Please enjoy this extremely simple and delicious dish that gives the opportunity to fell how good the regional cuisine can be !
Recipe prepared by: Kornel
Translation: Ewelina Makowska